Why are the baby swimming classes so much fun?



Hi, I am here today to share with you all my thoughts on baby swimming classes, which we have been attending for 3,5 months now. This has been one of the best experiences I got to share with my best little friend so far. 
I was so excited to take him to the swimming pool, yet so worried. The day before our first lesson I was unimaginably stressed and couldn't stop thinking about every possible accident that could have happened. I was afraid that my son hates swimming. Oh boy, I was so wrong! He loved it. He loved every second of it. 
After the lesson, he was equally happy and exhausted.That day he had four naps in total  (it only happened once before- on the day he was born!).


Positive impact on family life

Joining the swimming classes had a massive impact on our lives. First of all- my son sleeps much better. He has a never-ending energy and nothing makes him tired. Thanks to the swimming lessons, he started falling asleep earlier and sleeps more during the day.
He is very sociable and loves interacting with other kids. He is invariably happy to see them every week. Our swimming teacher is lovely, and she encourages learning through play.
Moreover, my son now enjoys taking baths even more than before. He blows bubbles, plays with the toys and loves to splash! (Guess who's the target?)
I love watching my son swimming and excercising in water. I am very proud of him and the progress he made. Joining the classes had a big influence on my mood.I love swimming and being in the water with my son really relaxes my body and my mind.


Stress-free swimming

This will be a new experience for both you and your baby, so you need to plan ahead and prepare everything well to avoid unnecessary stress. 

1. Before you book a class, phone the swimming pool and find out all the details. You need to know if the water is the right temperature (about 31-32degrees C), if there is an on-site car park available, if there are baby changing rooms and a separate room (or larger lockers) to store the pushchair. 

2. A few days in advance check if you have all the stuff you need (baby swimsuit, swimming nappies etc.). Don't leave the shopping for the last-minute


3. Pack your bag the night before the first lesson (click here for the 'what to pack' checklist).


4. Choose comfortable clothes for both you and your baby.


5. Remember that baby's health and safety comes first. Keep an eye on him and don't let him drink the water from the pool (very odd, but many kids love it). Wrap him up in a towel or robe right after you take him out of the water. If your baby seems unwell, do not take him to the swimming pool.



Enjoy it! Swimming with your baby will be so much fun! x






Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© What Mum Loves | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig