'Woman' stands for strength, creativity, intelligence and independence!

Lily Tomlin and Jane Fonda in the Netflix Original Series 'Grace and Frankie'    Photo: Netflix

Are you looking for something to lift you up? To cheer you up? Something to make you want to turn your life upside down and kick start a new, better existence? Look no longer! 'Grace and Frankie' is what you need! 
This is a story about two couples in their 70s (do not close the page yet!) facing the hurricane of their lifetimes! And it all starts with an announcement- the men decide to leave their wives and start a new life together. This could be a plot for an Oscar-winning drama/tearjerker. But it is an uplifting comedy!
Instead of spoiling the plot, I 'll tell you about all the reasons I love 'Grace and Frankie' and convince you to start watching it right now. 

First of all, the series has a fantastic cast! All of the actors got a chance to show off their impressive skills as the characters created by Marta Kauffman and Howard J. Morris are incredible. I love all of them, but my favourites are:

Sol (Sam Waterston)- he melts my heart. I love everything about him! The way he moves, the way he talks. I grin from ear to ear only when I look at him. What an exceptional performance by Sam Waterston! 

Frankie (Lily Tomlin) always stays true to herself. She is the sweetest woman on Earth. A free spirit, hippie and an artist. She is hilarious. 


Grace (Jane Fonda) makes me regret not having an exercise routine and dietary self-control. She is so chic and beautiful. Goals!

And Brianna (June Diane Raphael). Well, she is a bad ass. A likeable villain.

Another selling point of this series is its script. 
It is full of jokes and a dark sense of humour. It is witty and well-written. I'll bet people will be quoting 'Grace and Frankie' for decades.

Sam Waterston and Martin Sheen in the Netflix Original series 'Grace and Frankie'.     Photo: Netfilx

'Grace and Frankie' shows gay love 
in an unusual, for mainstream productions, way.  The relationship between Sol and Robert is neither too romantic nor excessively sexual. It's real, and that's what makes it so special.

The series also focuses on empowering women, and this is what I love about it the most.
It proves that 'woman' stands for strength, creativity, intelligence and independence.  Not in an 'I burned my bra' way, but rather: ' I started living an exciting life in my 70s, right after my husband confessed being a gay and left me' way.

Thanks to this series I am not scared of getting old anymore! Grace, Frankie, Sol, Rob and Babe show that you can have an exciting life when you're over 30! And what is even more important, they prove that older adults can have a sexual life. It is not all reserved only for the youngsters. 




Share:

2 comments

  1. This is such a coincidence. I heard about Grace and Frankie from my colleague! I have to check it out. It really sounds like an amazing show.
    XO
    Miri

    http://currentlywearing.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miriam, thanks for taking time to leave a comment! 'Grace and Frankie' is truly amazing :)

      Delete

© What Mum Loves | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig